Saturday, 20 December 2014

He Paid My Fine

This song was inspired by "The Way of the Master". The modern church needs a good dose of understanding and discernment as to why it is not the "method" that matters, but the urgent message of the Gospel.

He Paid My Fine
Verse 1:

What have you got say for yourself?
You’re guilty of this crime
You broke the law Justice calls
For you to pay a fine
He says I’m usually a good person
But this time I messed up
Would you let me off? Consider all
The good things I have done
You may be a good person
But I must be a good judge
We’re here concerning just one thing
And nothing else you've done
You owe 50 thousand dollars
But judge I’m broke
Then you most serve a term in prison
There went his hope
A stranger walks up
And starts turning heads
Says to the judge
Here is the check

Chorus 1:
And the Judge accepts it and the case is closed
The town said never’s such a story been told
It was on the news, it was in the paper
He told the reporter that man was my savior
I did a crime
He paid my fine

Verse 2:
Then he hurried after the stranger
And found that he remained
There’s no way I can repay
He struggled to explain
But the stranger only smiled and said
I’m really just like you
I thought I was a good person
But I came up short too
I’m not always a good person
But He’s always a good judge
One the day I die I’d have to answer crimes
No matter what I've done
I would have to owe my soul
Day of Judgment
I would have to lose control
To punishment
A stranger shed His blood
Barely turning heads
Says to the judge
Here is the check

Chorus 2:
And the judge accepts it and the case is closed
It’s the greatest story ever to be told
It should be on the news; it should be in the paper
If they interviewed me I’d proclaim my savior
I did some crimes
He paid my fine

Bridge:
He left him feeling grateful
Yet not quite let go
I may be a free man
But am I a free soul?
If a stranger paid my check
Then the one who
Paid the check for Him will pay
For mine too

Chorus 3:
And the judge accepts it and the case is closed
It’s his favorite story ever to be told
So he tells his friends and he tells strangers
A stranger led me to my savior
I did some crimes
He paid my fine