So, how do you know if you are under the spirit of mammon?
The following questions must be asked by each person of oneself:
- Are you anxious in even the slightest bit for earthly comfort, or even for fulfillment of earthly duties?
- Do you believe you can serve God as Lord while thinking that devoting your time to other things that He may or may not have called you to do can be a substitute for serving God the Father?
- Do you believe that God promises to give those who obey Him their so-called basic earthly "needs"?
- Do earthly things give you fulfillment of your soul and spirit?
- Do you find it hard to give up some time or money to serve God and devote time to God?
- Do you think giving and earning money is an earthly need you must pursue in your strength?
- Do you think that having more money, prosperity or earthly comfort means you are more blessed?