A person can be under the spirit of mammon and do the following:
- Give away much money or time to charity or church
- Provides for one's family's earthly and spiritual needs
- Do ministry work or evangelism
- Minister to the poor
- Visit or provide help to needy people such as orphans, widows, disabled people, abandoned children or victims of any kind of abuse
- Live by a poverty vow and be poor
- Give up one's life for any temporary earthly cause, regardless of how benevolent, kind and caring it is.