- They use the sinner’s prayers
- Accuse people who speak about a person being ‘under the spirit of’ to be mishandling the Bible. Claiming that one is under the spirit of something is NOT in any way to discard responsibility for sin. People choose to be under a spirit or yield to it. Ephesians 6:12 speaks about principalities and powers: “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places”. One modern evangelical accused me of such. It is probably because he can’t see what I am talking about.
- Accuse people of being “ungentle” because of one seeking to set the record straight about false doctrines such as the Church needing to support Israel militarily and politically.
- Accept women pastors or teachers. This is unbiblical.
- God is happy with women pastors. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety (1 Timothy 2:12-15).
- Waste other people’s time by giving a lesson on being “gentle”. A modern evangelical wasted my time by doing that. Perhaps I should have blocked him by email. That would have been wiser.
- Think that the Gospel needs to be complimented with the friendship or ingenuity of man in presenting it is an unsaved person.
- Accuse people within the church who expose false doctrine of being “divisive” or “argumentative”.
- Doctrinal compromise is somewhat noble and loving.
- Claiming that rooting out false teachers and doctrines is wrong.
- One can have Jesus as Saviour but be Lord of one’s own life (i.e. spirit of mammon).
- One can be friends with the world, but yet also right with God.
- Accuse you of being “hateful” because you even fail to tell people that you a true Christian are going to Hell when that is not the case.
- Treat abortive women as “victims” when they are NOT victims but VICTIMISERS.
- Yelp like a dog as to how "offended" one is when one is being questioned or corrected.
- Accept that everyone has their own view as so should be "respected.
Tuesday, 13 January 2015
Indictments of Annoying, Pesky, Modern Evangelicals
If you have met a modern evangelical who has a guise of being “gentle” but loves to waste your time on lecturing your about being “gentle” by following certain rules, I understand. I have met such a modern evangelical. I am not the only person within the church who has run into problems with modern evangelicals.
Sources: https://twitter.com/tonymiano and crossencounters.us