The modern church thinks that political, cultural or social conservatism is right to embrace because it not political, cultural or social liberalism, that is liberalism in the political, cultural or social sense, as opposed to the spiritual sense. This is one of the many many deceptions that many in the modern church are under. Many in the modern church cannot even get their head around this concept, let alone the concept of usury and the modern economic system which is not merely 'political' but that which concerns morality and ethics (This will be explained in a future article on this blog).
Secular humanism elevates humans above all things in its arrogance, thinking that it is wiser than God and need not God. This is the height of wickedness. There is no difference in the manner of spirit of both unsaved 'liberals' and 'conservatives. They are all under that same humanistic spirit, that same spirit of liberalism which feeds them lies that satisfy their flesh (1 John 2:16) and wisdom that is earthly, sensual and demonic (James 3:15).
The test for determining whether one is under earthly, sensual and demonic wisdom, or godly, spiritual and heavenly is whether it:
- Produces good words (James 3:13) as opposed to evil words
- Leads to works done in meekness (James 3:13) as opposed to pride and self-centredness
- Thrives on bitter envying and strife (James 3:14)
- Leads to confusion and every evil work (James 3:16)
- Is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated (James 3:17)
- Is full of mercy and good fruits (James 3:17)
- Is without partiality (James 3:17)
- Is without hypocrisy (James 3:17); and
- Produces fruit of righteousness as sown in peace (James 3:18).